Frequently Asked Questions
It all depends on what you’re comparing it to. When you buy Parasoleil, you’re getting WAY more than just panels. Consider the following inclusions in that price:
- Project design guidance and coordination with all project players from inception through installation
- Soup to Nuts – design, engineering, manufacturing, finishing, crating, delivery
- Complete set of Shop Drawings and installation instruction
- Panel layout
- Panel deflection and stress engineering values for your unique configuration
- Industry Leading Product Warranty
- Access to our pattern and design experts – Team ALFA
- Vast expertise in this very specific product category
- 3rd party certified manufacturing process – IAPMO UES Certification
It depends on a lot of things, but the primary variables that drive this decision are the following.
- What kind of wind loads and/or snow loads need to be considered?
- How much visual deflection are you comfortable with seeing?
- Do you have any flexibility to change your support spacing?
Armed with the answers to these questions, we can tell you exactly what thickness your project will require! As a rule of thumb, our 3/16” aluminum is our real “work horse” thickness for screens that works well for a lot of different types of projects. 1/8” is our most economical but may require site-specific engineering to confirm the correct structural support and spans. 1/4” thickness does the real heavy lifting when supports are spaced further apart, or significant weather/loading conditions are at play.